IngredientsFor: 4 1/2 cup
- cooking spray
- 2 (1 lb. total) small sweet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in strips about 4X1/4X1/4 inches. Put the sweet potatoes in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over the sweet potatoes. Stir gently to coat. Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown on the outside and tender on the inside, turning once with a spatula halfway through.
Nutritional Information: 102 cal., 0g fat, 0 chol., 139mg sodium, 24g carbohydrates, 4g fiber, 5g sugar, 2g protein
Source: American Heart Association’s Patient Education Program. Copyright 2009 by the American Heart Association