IngredientsFor: 8 about 5 spears
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh asparagus spears
- 1 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz. prosciutto (about 4 thin slices)
- 1 medium lemon,quartered
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Like a baking sheet with parchment paper. Break off the tough ends of asparagus and discard. Arrange the asparagus in one layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the over for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned but still crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium/high heat. Add the prosciutto slices to the skillet. Cook the slices for 2 minutes per side, until crispy. Remove the prosciutto from the skillet and coarsely chop.
- Add the asparagus to a flat platter. Top the asparagus with the prosciutto and garnish with lemon wedges.
Nutritional Information: 50 cal., 3.5g fat (0.7g sat. fat), 5mg chol., 205mg sodium, 2g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 1g sugar, 3g protein
Source: Diabetes Forecast, Food Issue – June 2014