- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini or yellow squash, cut into half moons
- 1/2 cup red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cups cooked white wheat penne
- 4 oz. shrimp
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped basil or 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- Heat oil in sauté pan over medium heat and add onions. Cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes, and then add garlic, zucchini and peppers. Cook vegetables for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring continuously until shrimp is pink, about 3-4 minutes. Add pasta and stir just until heated through. Top with basil and season with pepper to taste.
Source:10 day accelerated fat loss program (book) pg. 41