IngredientsFor: 4 3 oz.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears (about 24), trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 (about 4 oz. each) tilapia fillets
- 1 medium lemon, quartered
- Lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill on medium high.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper. Pour into a large shallow casserole dish. Add the asparagus, turning several times to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, 1 teaspoon lemon pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, and salt. Sprinkle half the mixture over one side of the fish, pressing lightly so the seasonings adhere. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Turn the fish over and repeat.
- Remove the asparagus from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
- Place the fish and asparagus lengthwise so they are perpendicular to the grates of the grill. (For the fish, you can also use a grill basket lightly sprayed with cooking spray.) Grill the fish for about 3 minutes on each side, or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork. Grill the asparagus for 4 to 5 minutes, turning frequently. Transfer both to a platter. Squeeze the lemon over the fish.
Nutritional Information: 144 cal., 2.5g fat (1g sat. fat), 57mg chol., 162mg sodium, 7g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 3g sugar, 25g protein
Source: American Heart Association’s Patient Education Program. Copyright 2009 by the American Heart Association