IngredientsFor: 4 1 cup
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen brown rice
- 1 teaspoon groung cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 4 (oz.) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked skinless chicken breasts, cooked without salt (about 7 1/2 oz. cooked)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded mexican blend cheese
- 1 medium lime, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the rice using the package directions. Spread in an 8-inch square baking pan. Stir in the cumin. Drizzle with the oil. Using the back of a spoon, smooth the surface. Spoon the chilies over the mixture. Top, in order, with the cilantro, chicken, and cheese. Cover with aluminum foil
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Serve with the lime wedges.
Nutritional Information: 242 cal., 8.5g fat (2.5g sat. fat), 52mg chol., 269mg sodium, 18g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 0g sugar, 22g protein
Source: American Heart Association’s Patient Education Program. Copyright 2009 by the American Heart Association