- 5 medium carrots cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 medium celery stalks sliced
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 medium cauliflower cut into bite size pieces
- 12 oz. green beans
- 3 medium zucchini cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 packages (5 oz. each) baby spinach leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- Coat 8-quart pot with nonstick cooking spray. Over medium/high heat, add carrots, celery, onions, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, breaking up tomatoes with side of spoon. Add cauliflower, remaining ingredients and 12 cups of water. Heat to boiling over high heat, stir occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until vegetables become tender. Add more salt and pepper if desired. Makes about 24 cups. Keep only 3-4 day supply in refrigerator, the rest may be frozen for later!
Source: Good Housekeeping – January 2000